Monday, September 21, 2009

They're ALL sick...

I'm just copying and pasting my sister's blog entry about the triplets because it is exactly what is going on in our household at the moment:

"Ugh, we have our first stomach bug. I took the babies to Dallas this weekend to visit with Charlie and Nana, Papa, Uncle Jay, Jenna (girlfriend to Jay, but Cooper is trying to steal her away), and Aunt Jennifer. Meanwhile, Jen and I went for a very fun weekend at Camp Fern with our camp girls. When we were about half way to Marshall from Dallas, my mom called and told us Charlie was throwing up. He continued to throw up that day, yesterday, and today. He has a doctors appointment this afternoon.

Despite the babysitters' best efforts to keep the triplets seperate from Charlie, all three threw up their first bottles this morning. Isabelle has now vomitted 4 times, Sophia twice, and Cooper just that once. They don't have fever and are just a little irritable. But the puke has gone on every single baby apparatus we have, so its just been a mess. Of course, Manny is home with them and hating life and I am at work hating that I can't be there to care for my sickies.

We have spoken with our doctors office and the plan is to give pedialyte- 10 mls every 10 min for 4 hours or until 4 hours have past after they last vomitted. From there we will try an ounce of formula every 20 minutes, and up it as tolerated. If they are still vomitting tomorrow, and I expect they will be, then the doctor might want to see them. It might also depend on what Charlie's doctor says today. Poor babies. I just hope its over with within 24-48 hours as our doctor expects."


Apparently it is going around (according to the busy doctors office). Charlie's temp was 104.5 while there, so we are rotating Motrin and Tylenol like crazy. I am about to disinfect the whole house because of all the sick baby germs everywhere. Gross! Thank you to mom and Ann for all of your help today (and to all of our babysitters this weekend). I would have never left town if I knew this is what was going to go down! Like Julie said, hopefully we are on our way to recovery!

2 comments:

  1. yuck. I'm so sorry - that sounds terrible! Hope the little man is feeling better SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Charlie's doing better today!
    AJ

    ReplyDelete