Thursday, January 5, 2012

December 2011

We had a quiet Christmas around here. It was the first time that we have just stayed in Dallas... and the first time that we have spent a Christmas with just our little family. I still tried to do something "Christmas-y" every day of the month with Charlie... same as I did last year.

We went to Northpark one day and saw the trains, went to Santa's storytime, heard some singers, and listened to Scrooge's Puppet Show. (It was the first time I had taken both boys anywhere... it was a big outing! Luckily, Patrick met us for lunch to help out.)
I still decorated for Christmas:
We made a gingerbread house:
Our elf "Chippy" made an appearance:
We decorated the tree:
And hung Christmas Cards:
The finished product:
And, we added ornaments to our Advent tree:
We also did an advent calendar on the iPad everyday, went to a couple of Christmas parties, and went on many Christmas light seeing expeditions. We are creating memories and traditions around here!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for blogging! I am SO impressed with your Christmas activities! I could barely keep all this stuff straight with one kid! Your house looked great!

    ReplyDelete