Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Untitled Post

I realized that I left out some vistors and some gift senders at the hospital on my last update... a big thank you goes to the Boyd's for their visit and to the Leclercq's for the yummy popcorn. It was a big hit with the visitors!

We have forgotten to mention this, but it was something that was really neat that happened in the delivery room. There was music on... random music that included adult contemorary hits from John Tesh and such. But, when Charlie was born, the next song to come on was "Can't Get Enough of Your Love" by Bad Company. This is the song that Patrick and I danced to at our wedding! I made sure to tell everyone in the ER about it. It was like it was meant to be!

We had our newborn check at the pediatrician's office today. It went really well, overall. The only negative thing is that he has lost a little bit of weight since leaving the hospital. He was 7 lbs 3 oz when born, 6 lbs 10 oz when we left and 6 lbs 7 oz today. We are now at a 10% weight loss, which means that if he doesn't gain weight by tomorrow than we will have to start supplementing with formula. This is really something I DON'T want to do, but, of course, will if that is what Charlie needs. My milk just came in yesterday afternoon, so on the 5th day... the nurse practitioner said that this is probably due to me being a first time mom and me having a c-section. So, the goal is to feed every 2 hrs. and try to get as much actual milk intake as possible. This is going just OK so far. He gets VERY tired between feedings and it's been hard for me to produce enough for him to get full every feeding. (TMI?- sorry if so!) But, we're doing the best we can and will continue to do so that he can start gaining weight.

Here are a few new pics:

Charlie Day 3 & 4

1 comment:

  1. I thought you were going to say some Mickey Mac came on the stereo..."Ain no mountain hah, ain no valley low, ain rivah wiiiide enouf baaaa-by".

    Ya'mo c-section this baby outta my belly.

    ReplyDelete