Sunday, August 16, 2009

Back to School...

means back to work for me. Tomorrow my stint as a full-time mom is officially over. I have mixed emotions about it. I can't believe that the last (almost) 6 mths have flown by so quickly. I have LOVED being able to stay home with Charlie and getting to see him grow. On one hand, I'm excited to go back to doing my job... something that I know I am good at and makes me feel like I am contributing to society and our family. I am lucky and blessed that I get to go back part-time. And, I am excited for Charlie to start daycare... he'll socialize with a lot of kiddos, be introduced to things that I don't even think to do with him at home and have a lot more toys to play with. On the other hand, I'm sad about it. Will he miss me? Will I miss important milestones by being at work? What if he has an allergic reaction to something and I'm not there? I mean, you'd think he was getting shipped off to Kindergarten! Thank God we're not there yet!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you both have a good day tomorrow. It will be sad and it will get better. Ellen loves school and I'm sure Charlie will, too. You'll feel good when you pick him up and he gives you a big smile because he is happy to see you AND because he had a good day!

    ReplyDelete