Monday, August 17, 2009

Daycare days

Both Patrick and I brought Charlie to his first day of daycare. My plan was for one of us to feed him while the other unpacked his stuff. One of his "teachers" immediately said that she would feed him... I think they like to make it a clean break for the parents. I couldn't really even look at Patrick or talk to him when we left for fear of bawling and then proceeded to tear up my whole way to Mesquite. I called during lunch and they said that Charlie had been smiling and laughing and having lots of fun. He was in his little crib when I went to pick him up, playing with a toy. One of the ladies said that he stared at her all day and when she would look at him he would just smile and start to giggle. Cute man! His "report card" said that he slept off and on for a total of 2 hrs (he usually sleeps about 3 hrs. at home), so he started to get fussy and rubbing his eyes at 6:15pm. I gave him his bottle at 6:30pm and he immediately crashed onto my chest as I pulled it out of his mouth. I've never seen him so tired!

Bless his heart! I'm glad daycare was such a success. I guess we'll be back tomorrow!

1 comment: