Wednesday, March 16, 2011

5 Years

Patrick and I have officially been married for 5 years! It has flown by super fast, but in these 5 years we've done a lot. We bought our first house, got our first dog and, most importantly, had our first baby. To celebrate we went to eat at Tei-An. This is one the best Japanese restaurants I have ever been to. Typically, I only order sushi and rolls at Japanese places and while Tei-An has sushi, they are really known for their noodles that they make in-house. Our menu was: Appetizers: White Seaweed Salad (recommended by most of the reviews I read... and it did not disappoint)and the 7 Fish Sushi Sampler (could have done without, but the Eel was expecially good, and I typically do not love Eel!). Entrees: I had the Curry Soba Noodles (it has to be in my 5 all-time best entrees... the curry broth made me want to take a bath in it). Patrick had Green Soba Noodles with a meat-sauce on top. It was kind of an Italian inspired Japanese dish. Very flavorable and a little spicy. For a side we had Mushroom Tempura... also could have done without, but the tempura batter was very light. Dessert: Japanese ice cream with black honey on top. It was just that... ice cream and honey. Tei-An also has a roof-top deck. You can get a drink at the bar downstairs and head up the elevators to enjoy the Dallas skyline. Patrick and I had the whole deck to ourselves... very romantic! This was the perfect place to spend the anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment