Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bits and Baubles from Charlie

Charlie and I went to his 2 year appointment a couple of weeks ago. He is now almost 31 lbs. (75th %ile) and almost 37 in. tall (95th %ile)! He continues to be a tall man... pretty sure he gets this from the Allen side. Charlie is dominating in all developmental areas and is above-average in everything... especially communication, which is the most difficult for boys. I am one proud mamma! At this appointment, they had to draw blood from Charlie's arm. I was prepared for a melt down, but he surprised us all by sitting perfectly still and just watching the whole process. The technician said that it was unbelievable for a 2 year old to do that well. This is also the way Charlie acts for haircuts these days... it's a welcome change from the screaming crying we got a few months ago.

Funny story from yesterday... Charlie and I were at the park and there was another boy at the playground. When Charlie wants to know what (or who) something is he will look at me and ask This? This? This? while pointing at the object or person. He asks "This" on repeat until he is satisfied with my answer. So, yesterday he was asking who the little boy was. Instead of saying my typical response of "It's a little boy", I said "I don't know his name, Charlie. If you want to know his name you can ask "What's your name?". So, he asked "Name?, Name?, Name?" to no response from the little boy. So, Charlie decided to say "Hey, come here Name." on repeat to the little boy. This boy still had no interest in Charlie. So, he took it one step further and decided that this little boys name should be "Jack". That's right... he just made up a name. "Come here Jack.; Hey Jack!; Bye Jack". Even after we figured out his name was actually Ryan, Charlie still insisted on calling him "Jack". Pretty funny that kid!

1 comment:

  1. So clever! I can't wait to see Charlie and Ellen chat it up!

    ReplyDelete