Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Six Weeks In...

During my 9 mths of pregnancy I was one of those people who thought that we "needed" all of the baby products out there. I was fortunate enough to receive most of them as gifts from friends and family. And, while I am thankful for everything we have, I now know, six weeks in, that we don't "need" a lot of the items we have. We do use most everything though, just for the simple fact that we have it and I would feel bad if it went unused. But, there are some items that we use almost daily that I feel we could not go without. (Again, I realize how fortunate we are... most babies don't have a lot of these luxeries and make it through life just fine.) Here is a Top 10 list of things we love:
1. Graco Snugride Car Seat: It's safe and light to carry.
2. BOB Jogging Stroller: it's expensive, but is definitely one of the best purchases we made. We have used it almost everyday that it has been nice out. The best thing about it is that we can use it not only now, but for many years to come as well.
3. For Lounging: The Boppy and the Swing: We feed Charlie in the boppy and lay him in it when we want him to hang out with us on the couch, but don't want to hold him in out laps. And the swing is a favorite to rest in.

4. For Feeding: Due to our brestfeeding issues, I am strictly pumping and giving bottles. So, we couldn't go without our Medela Freestyle Pump and our Dr. Brown Bottles (and, at times, our Similac formula for a little supplimentation).

5. For Sleeping: These swaddlers work great for us right now. And the Sleep Sheep is a life saver. The white noise and heartbeat sounds put Charlie right to sleep!

6. Paci: we are still hooked on to our Soothie that we got in the hospital
7. For Bathing: We love this tub just for the fact that it comes with the infant net. In the picture are the other favorites we use during bath time.
8. Monitor: We originally got the most expensive TV monitor on the market. We still have it, but feel like it's not a necessity just yet (I'm sure we will get a lot more use out of it as Charlie gets older and starts to roll over and when he starts to stand up). For now, we like just the cheap sound monitor... it's basically a walkie-talkie.
9. Diapers: We like Pampers. I feel like they hold everything in the best
10. Friends: My TCU friends all have boys and live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex (with the exception of Molly, who has Ellen and lives in Kansas City). Charlie has gotten tons of hand-me-downs that he is borrowing from everyone. The picture is just one of five boxes that we now have. Thanks girls!
I'm sure as time goes on we'll find tons other things that make our Top 10 list. For now, these things have made life much easier!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Freestyle! Isn't it the best?!? As far as pumps go, I mean. :) We have that exact Swaddle Me and I love it. Unfortunately, Ellen has decided she likes to bust out of it several times a night. Oh, the excitement your future holds! Charlie is so cute on that couch just chillin'.

    ReplyDelete