Thursday, May 13, 2010

Healthy Eating

Remember my 2010 New Year's Resolution this year of eating healthy? Well, I'm still on it. Admittedly, I might fallen off the wagon just a little bit while the kitchen was being remodeled. But, now that everything is in working order I am fully back into it. One of my favorites is one that I stole from our friends, The Greer's. The Squash Spaghetti is super easy, yummy, and makes for good leftovers.

Here is another recipe that is one of my favorites that I stole from The Greer's as well. Thanks friends!

I have been trying different raw veggies with Charlie. Season with a little salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Here he is digging the asparagus. (We've also tried raw squash, which he wasn't much of a fan of.)


Desert? I am still hooked on Jessica's Seinfeld's book "Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food". She incorporates pureed veggies into everything she makes. A couple of weeks ago I made brownies with pureed carrots and spinach in them. (Both Patrick and his dad loved them, which is saying a lot!) Last night I made these cookies with pureed sweet potato, squash and garbonzo beans in them... pretty yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment