Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Spicewood and Swimming

Patrick and I had a wedding in Austin this past weekend, so Charlie and I decided to head out early and spend a couple of nights in Spicewood. We got there Thursday afternoon and Patrick flew down and met us on Friday night. I took Charlie swimming for the first time since last summer (since he was 5 months old)... he wasn't too sure about it. He was pretty clingy through most of it and wouldn't even let me hold him at arms length until the very end. Hangin' at the pool is not as relaxing with a 14 month old vs. with a 5 mth old. He enjoyed walking along the side of the pool, (with me in the pool) he would fall into the pool so that I could catch him and dip him into the water and then right back out. This was great entertainment. We tried out the kiddie pool also, but he's still a little too short to really stand or walk on his own. Other than the "swimming", Charlie's favorite activities in Spicewood were to go up and down the stairs 100 times per day, try to make a mad dash for the pond in the backyard, and to get into and throw everything in the Allen's house that isn't a toy. Fun times!



No comments:

Post a Comment