Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas at the Allens

Charlie's Elf jumps around the house. Today it is hanging on our angel wings.


Charlie LOVES his nativity scene. He brings them everywhere and exclaims "Angel!", "Ooh, baby Jesus!", "Donkey mama!"... you get the picture. (He also has added a green turtle to the group... OK by me. I'm sure the turtle is more than welcome.


My new obsession... these yarn wreaths! This one welcomes you into our house.


And this one is on the mantel.

There might even be some hiding under our tree as Christmas gifts!


Even made some trees:



Full view of the mantel:

This is one of my favorites... the Christmas card tree. Thinking of painting it white for next year!

The usual knick knacks:
I try to put something Christmas-y into every room. Next year I would love a lighted Christmas tree in all of our bedrooms. Patrick thinks I am crazy!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh-I do like the yarn ones too. Maybe if a certain friend up north is heading down in the spring we can have a craft party and you guys can just make them for everyone...it's a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I LOVE the changes you've made at the house. Have a suggestion for paint..... "Revere Pewter" by Benjamin Moore is a fabulous, neutral, gray-ish beige color that will go with absolutely ANY complementary colors. One shade lighter is pretty, too. Recommended to me by a decorator in Alexandria and I love it. Thinking of using that color in every room in my house!!!! Hugs and kisses to you, Charlie and Patrick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo, yes, good crafting! Let's make a date - we'll get the rest of them crafting if it kills us! :)

    ReplyDelete