Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas came early!

There is a blog that Julie and I both follow... bryn alexandrainteriors. Bryn is an interior designer who lives in Charlotte, NC and who does a lot of her business over the internet. I love her style and love following her blog. One day she posted that she was headed to Dallas to visit her parents and was taking clients for the week for an in-home consultation. Julie called and asked if I would be interested in this as our Christmas gift... and, of course, I was very interested. Bryn came and was so sweet and cute and FULL of ideas. The ideas are front and back notes.

I gave her my ideas and she piggy-backed onto them and came up with lists and lists of what I should do to my house. I loved all of her ideas and have started on a few. (Most of her ideas where things I needed to purchase rather than what I could already use.) Here is the transformation of the living room to date: (still on the list- demo the large eye-sore of a TV cabinet; build built-ins on either side of the fireplace; new floors.)
Before in 2007:

Earlier this year:

Now: (would like to paint the room a Greige color)

And the dining room got a fix-up as well:
Before (last year Thanksgiving):

Notice the chairs and rug:
Now:

Still a laundry list of things to do around the house. All in due time!

1 comment: