Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Loving

There are a few things that Charlie has been doing lately that I really want to remember. He is growing up so quickly that I feel like time is passing us by. I can not believe he will be 2 years old in 3 short months.

  • I love how he will "help" me all day long. He "helps" bring the groceries in, do the laundry, feed Hank (his favorite chore), put things in the sink (including his toys).
  • I love that his vocabulary is growing, growing, growing. This morning he said "Hank, there go Dada."... a 4 word sentence!
  • I love that when something goes wrong he says "Oh man" instead of getting upset and crying.
  • I love that he now says "I love you".
  • I love that he does "praying hands" the whole time I say our prayers.
  • I love that he needs certain things to fall asleep at night. One or ALL of his stuffed animals, a lovey and a blanket. Most nights he needs a book in his crib. The other night he needed his Indian feather hat that he made in school to go to bed. During nap time he needed his shoes on one day to go to sleep.
  • I love that he has pee-peed in his potty 3 times so far and is always very proud of himself!
  • I love that he makes up random songs about his family members including aunts, uncles, grandparents and cousins.
  • I love that he often talks about his friends at school while we are at home and can tell me everyone in his class.
  • I love that his new favorite question to ask is "What's this?", "What's this?", "What's this?" as he is pointing to anything and everything.
  • I love that when I answer his "What's this?" question he repeats whatever I have said with a "Oooh, a ____!" as if it is the most exciting word he has ever heard.

Patrick and I are so very lucky to have our little Charlie in our lives!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, what a sweet little guy you have. And, yes, it's impossible to believe he is so old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great post - such a great way to document all the fun changes and stages!

    ReplyDelete