Thursday, January 21, 2010

Changes in 2010!

The biggest change is that Patrick started his new JOB today at Bank of the Ozarks. I know, I know... we have been pretty hush, hush about this because we didn't know if it was going to work out or not. But, it has! Patrick got offered the position last Monday night, accepted on Tuesday, gave his 2 week notice to Beal Bank on Wednesday... but, since not much is happening at Beal currently they let him have Friday as his last day. He took a few days off and started today at the new job. Quick turn-around. He will be working in the Assets Management group and his new office is just right down the road in Preston Center (Preston and NW Hwy). Much closer to home... yay!

Some other changes have to do with the house. Monday was a school holiday for me, so both Patrick and I had off Monday and Tuesday of this week. We decided to make good use of our time. We stayed in OKC until Monday morning and set off to Winnfield, La to pick up a piece of furniture that we have been meaning to get for, oh, two years now! We drove to Shreveport and met my parents and Jay at the U-Haul place so that they could jump in our car and take Charlie back to their house for the afternoon. Patrick and I jumped in the U-Haul and headed to Winnfield to load up our new china cabinet (at least, it's new to us!) and whatever other furniture my uncle and aunt could throw at us in the short time we were there and then we came back to Shreveport for the night. We woke up early on Tuesday and caravaned back to Dallas and spent the rest of the day reorganizing the house. It was a whirl-wind trip!
The house now looks like this:

The old buffet is our new TV stand

And the china cabinet is now were the buffet was in the dining room


Side note: While in Winnfield, my parents were responsible for feeding Charlie. Guess what my dad got him? McFish-fi-let and french fries from McDonalds! Eeeew!! Apparently he gobbled it right up, though. What did we have for dinner? Homemade lentil and barley soup.... which Charlie would have LOVED!!

Charlie changes include clapping and waving for the first time! Yesterday morning I was going to work while Patrick was taking Charlie to daycare. I waved and said "bye-bye" and he waved right back. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen.

2 comments:

  1. Nice changes! I love asking Ellen to clap and wave - it is a good game to fill cranky time in the car on the way home from school. I also ask her to dance - add that one in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for change! Waves never get old-Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete