Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Eleven

Our boy is 11 months old as of yesterday. I can't believe I am now counting weeks until the big 1 year birthday! These pictures pretty much sum up what is going on with Charlie at 11 months:

"No! I do not want to sit and pose with that stupid lion. Why do I have to do this month after month?"


"I will push this lion away as soon as you put it next to me!"


Enter dog toy. "I will calmly play with Hank's ball and bonk the lion on the head with it so that you can get a decent picture."


As you can see, Charlie has a mind of his own these days. He just recently learned to wave and clap. He can walk with me holding just one of his hands. He is getting better and better at standing all by himself without support. (He's up to about 8 seconds now.) He started really having separation anxiety this week. If Patrick or I walk out of the room, even if the other is still in there, he will just cry and cry or do a hurry-crawl and try to follow us. Speaking of, his crawling is SO fast. He can follow some directions such as "Follow momma" and understanding "No". He imitates what we say all of the time. The other day Patrick was "eating" a fake cupcake and saying "mmm" while rubbing his belly. Charlie imitated the whole thing when he got the cupcake back. It was so cute. Charlie has also gotten into the habit of screaming when he throws his luvie out of the crib. I am talking blood curling screams so you think he must be hurt and is going to die if you don't go in there to see what the problem is. The problem? He just wants his luvie back in bed with him. Silly man! We are having so much fun with him. It seems like he does things everyday that amazes us. Happy 11 months Charlie!

2 comments:

  1. I love when they really start to express themselves - so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see little man walking!

    ReplyDelete