Friday, January 15, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweet babies!

One year ago tomorrow I became an aunt! An aunt to the tiniest little babies that I had ever seen. I remember getting a phone call on Thursday night that Julie was in labor and praying against all odds that the doctors would be able to stop it. She was 30 wks and 1 day. The next day I went to work and kept my phone near. At 11am I got the call that Julie was scheduled for her c-section at 1pm. I wasn't going to make it to OKC in time for the birth. I first, had to get the OK from my doctor to travel, as I was nearing the 34 week mark. I remember that Patrick and I were in such a rush to get to OKC that when we arrived we figured out that we had left my bag in Dallas... I had no clothes or toiletries... or meds with me. All was fine except for the blood pressure meds... I needed those! (My aunt swung by the house and brought my stuff up in case you were worried.) Anywho, back to the story. I remember going to see Juls and Manny. Julie felt fine, except that she couldn't hold anything down. This meant that she couldn't meet the babies just yet. But, I got to! My mom brought me into the NICU and I first met baby Sophia (2 lbs 10oz.). Words can not describe how TINY she was and pictures do not do it justice. I broke down right there in the NICU. I was so scared for these babies. I just KNEW everything was going to be fine, but they were just so little. I met Cooper next (3lbs 10oz... big man!) and then Isabelle (2 lbs 11oz). All three of them opened there eyes when I met them. I was the only person that they had done this to. I think they thought I sounded a lot like there momma!! I was in LOVE with all of these prescious, little babies!


Me and Isabelle:



When Patrick and I had to leave for Dallas on Sunday I remember feeling helpless. I felt like I needed to be in OKC with Julie and with the babies. I was so sad to leave them. Today, the babies look like this:

It's crazy the difference a year makes!! Happy 1st Birthday sweet babies!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet blog entry! I ran across that photo of Manny giving kangaroo care to Sophia the other day and burst into tears unexpectedly. They have come so far, and it's so exciting that Charlie, Cooper, Sophia, and Isabelle get to grow up together. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete