Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pink Pancakes

I recently bought the cookbook Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld. It gives all sorts of ideas on how to incorporate veggies and friuts into your meals without your kids/husband knowing that they are eating it. You basically puree any veggie and slip it into whatever you are cooking. So, yesterday I tried the Pink Pancakes:

Recipe: 3/4 c. water; 1/2 c. ricotta cheese (I used plain yogurt since that is all I had on hand); 1/4 c. beet puree; 1 tsp. vanilla extract; 1/2 tsp. cinnamon; 1 c. pancake mix; 1/4 c. grated apple; 1 egg



Happy boy:


Last night we also tried our friend's recipe of Spagetti Squash and Homemade Marinara. It really was delicious.

2 comments:

  1. Do you like that book? Now that i puree every day I was thinking I should pick it up. Let me know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it gives really good recipes... especially for Jack's age. But, I also think a lot of it just gears you into thinking of putting veggies into everything you cook.

    ReplyDelete