Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lost Reno

A few weeks ago I painted our red brick in our family room. It was a LONG process that was spread over a few days, but I think the end result turned out quite nice. I feel like the white brightens up the room.

Before: (please excuse the toys)




After:





I also painted the lamps from a blue to a black and got a new ottoman.



And painted the mirror above the fireplace from a gold to a black.



And, got a new FLOR rug!




Future plans... paint the room a much softer,lighter color; add built-ins around the fireplace; rip out the current TV montrosity to open up the room; take up the carpet (We are talking about doing this after our second child is walking... and I'm not even pregnant... so, we've got a while.)

1 comment:

  1. oooo - love it! I know those nooks and crannies take a lot of patience!

    ReplyDelete