Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A little background...

I am 36 weeks pregnant today! Yippee! Do to my chronic hypertension this pregancy has been deemed "high risk" from the start. Everything was running smoothly until a couple of weeks ago. My twin sister, Julie, and her husband, Manny, celebrated the birth of their triplet babies on January 16, 2009 (check out their blog at www.leclercqfamily.blogspot.com). The babies, whose 36 wk. due date was supposed to be Feb. 25, came at 30 wks. and 2 days. Luckily, I got the OK from my doctor to make the drive up to OKC to see my new little nieces and nephew. The weekend was definitely not stress-free and there was a lot of standing up time for me. (But, I was so thankful that I got to be there in the first place and would gladly to it over and over again even if the consequences turned out worse than they did. Everything was completely worth it for me to get to meet the little Leclercq's!) On Tuesday, I was back at work and a teacher suggested to me that I have our school nurse check my blood pressure ever so often. Since I NEVER take my blood pressure at work I thought this would be a good idea. Well, it was high three times in a row, even after sitting and resting for a while. So, I went to the doctor that day and because it was still high I got put in the hospital at 34 wks. for a couple of nights of monitoring . Thankfully, my BP went down and has been down with the help of bed rest ever since! We will go back to my doctors tomorrow and will get more information as to when our little bundle of joy will be here!

2 comments:

  1. We appreciated you all coming despite the fact that our family put you on the couch. Your nieces and nephew loved meeting you!

    ReplyDelete